Changes that were made to the Origial Ubuntu 8.04.1:
- LiveCD ISOLinux boot screen translated to Hebrew.
- Created a "translated" usplash package.
Since Ubuntu-il forums got wiped out, I'll publish the links directly:
- ISOLinux boot menu gives only two languages to choose from (F2 key): Hebrew and English. The English mode is still "Hebrew Enabled".
- Gnome keyboard indicator appears by default.
- Modified locales setup script to create he locales on liveCD boot
- timezones package defaults to Jerusalem.
- Installed the following packages:
- Removed the following packages:
ttf-arabeyes ttf-arphic-uming ttf-indic-fonts-core ttf-kochi-gothic
ttf-kochi-mincho ttf-lao ttf-malayalam-fonts ttf-thai-tlwg ttf-unfonts-core
- All Gnome/Debian/Ubuntu package maintainers and translators who made this possible.
- Israeli Open Source contributors who fix Hebrew Bugs, made Hebrew Fonts, Hebrew Spelling and even Hebrew OCRing a reality.
- All israeli Linux forum members who provide technical/mental support for new users.
- everybody else who is feeling left out after reading this list :)